Background

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

What to put on my craftsman style door!!!

I knew that I wanted something hanging on my front door but I couldn't have a large wreath because how would I hang it. Under the windows is a shelve so a door hanger wouldn't work. So I thought what about something hanging from under the windows, but what and how would I hang it. I didn't want to put a ugly hook in my beautiful oak door. So off to the hardware store hubby and I went and we found the most perfect thing. Its a square knob that you would put on a cabinet. It matches our door handle so if something isn't hanging it will still look OK!

So now what to hang! I look all over to see if I could find something I liked and couldn't find just the right thing. So I decided to make a fall hanging thing. I'm not sure what to call it maybe a swag! I think I need a few more flowers but for now its just fine and all it cost me to make was $10.00. Now all I need is a pumpkin and a few other fall things. I did buy some pumpkins while the little boys where here but I let them take them home!

Have a Happy Fall Day!

Julie

7 comments:

  1. What a lovely fall decoration you've hanging there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your door. I would call it a fall spray like Theresa said. I think it is great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know, I bought a swag for my door a few weeks back, and it looks very much like what you have made. Trouble is, mine is a bit smaller, and it cost more, so you really did a fine job with that one! It looks wonderful too. :)

    ReplyDelete