Background

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Christmas Quilt coming along!

I managed to get all the pieces cut out and several blocks are sewn together. And I thinking its going to be pretty cute! There's only one problem, its not as big as I thought it was going to be. I had thought that I had purchased enough fabric for a twin side but I didn't. But that's ok I'm thinking of just making the borders a little wider.
This is one of my most favorite quilting tools. Its for doing triangles if you haven't seen one before its great. You cut your squares and then pin right sides together and as you can see there is a point at one end that you line up with the point of the fabric. Then you draw a line on each side and then one down the middle. You sew on the two outer lines and cut down the middle and there you have two triangle sewn together.

I also managed to give Paisley a long awaited bath. She will be going on the 16Th to have a spa day with a hair cut but I really wanted to put her new Halloween collar on so a bath is what she needed first!
And here is her new Halloween collar!

Happy Halloween!
Julie


8 comments:

  1. Oh what a lovely quilt! I love the red/white combinations for any quilt.
    Cute collar! And what an adorable westie! I don't envy you the keeping white part though.;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. neat tool I've never seen one like that before. Paisley looks smashing in her new collar :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks already very beautiful. Christmas can come. Greetings, Angelika

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the colors. My favorite holiday is Christmas! I love the new collar!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful tool!! i love the quilt, red and white...so pretty combo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Paisley dose look very cute inher new collar and the quilt looks very yumm too. Happy Holloween.
    Hugs Bec

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice how you have the quilt perched on a loom!! (Certain to get weavers to pay attention!) It is a beautiful quilt....I like the color combination for Christmas.

    Love the Halloween collar!!

    Sue

    ReplyDelete