Background

Friday, October 16, 2009

Quilt Swap!

I received a wonderful gift in the mail this week from Kathy at Humble quilter. We have been reading each others blogs for months now and when she emailed me to let me know that I was her swap person and that she was going to be late sending off her quilt for the quilt swap because her husband was so ill. Will let me tell you I was pretty shocked to get her email because I already knew who she was. When I emailed her back to tell her it was me at homespunfiber she was pretty shocked too. I told her to not worry because I had known that her husband had been pretty sick. But she hurried anyway and got it done and off to me.

When I opened to package and saw it I jumped for joy. To start with I had been looking for something to go next to my shelves in my laundry room and just couldn't find anything that I liked. But this sweet little quilt is the same green as two of my walls and it will look so cute with my red shelves. And I don't know how she knew that I love to bottle all kinds of fruit. She also sent some goodies with it, finger grips, pin catcher, needles, a charm, book marker and some much needed pins. As soon as I get it hung I will post pictures!

Thanks Kathy!

Julie

9 comments:

  1. So cute I like the jar of Blueberries. I hope Kathys husband is doing better.
    Hugs Bec

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a clever design. Lucky you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi!
    Great !

    I am french and i like your blog.

    I invit you to my GIFT SWAP here :
    http://sirpriz.com/cadeau-gratuit-swap-498.html

    I hope you will be with us!
    Have a nice day
    Mama from France

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is beautiful! And will look perfect up next to your red.
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an adorable little quilt. And it will look perfect in your laundry room! I hope her husband recovers soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That a very nice quilt. Please, can I have the strawberries - they look very delicious.
    Greetings, Angelika

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so wonderful!!! What an amazingly clever design!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely quilt. Swaps are so much fun!

    ReplyDelete