Background

Sunday, December 27, 2009

Christmas Past

Another Christmas gone by! I love Christmas and enjoy the time spent with family and friends. But my most favorite part is the time between Thanksgiving and Christmas Day. I love watching all the Christmas movies and listening to my favorite Christmas music. The putting up of the tree's and the lights. I love Christmas Eve and Day don't get me wrong but it always seems so busy and it go's by so fast!
We had all the kids Christmas Eve this year and my daughter and son help with the cooking of the dinner. I didn't want to do the same thing that we seem to always cook which is ham so I asked my so to make a pork loin. As you can see everyone was waiting in anticipation!

He sliced it down the middle and stuffed it with crumbled blue cheese and cranberries with fresh rosemary and boy did it smell good!
It looked so nice sliced with the red cranberries!
My daughter made a lasagna stuffed with cheese and squash! It turned out to be such a nice dinner and the watching of the kids open there gift with such excitement.

The day after Christmas we go to a movie and then back to the house for left overs. This year it was the back to our sons new home and a few games of Wii!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

8 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas! It all looks so wonderful but the lasagne is positively tantalizing... Mmmm...

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohhh.. it all looks delicious!! I am with you Julie ~ I love the time before Christmas, soaking up the sappy christmas novels and movies, making gifts.. decorating.. When its all over I feel like I get into a funk and lose my drive for a while. ( just a little while) : )
    Glad you had a nice christmas.
    Happy new year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks so good! I've never had lasagna stuffed with squash but I imagine it was delish.

    Actually, I'm glad Christmas is over. I always feel such anticipation with a new year right around the corner!

    Manuela

    ReplyDelete
  4. That lasagna just looks delightful! So do the other dishes. But oh, the brown top of that cheese just set my digestive juices to flowing.
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  5. it all looks really lovely julie. the roast pork is a good thing to have for christmas and i always love the smell of it cooking!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh yum, all of it! Sounds like a fantastic holiday and I'm with you, I love the whole season really. How was the movie? What was the movie?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I see you had a nice Christmas - The meal looks very delicious > yam yam <
    We had also jolly christmas days - but now I'm looking for spring.
    Greetings from germany - have good start for 2010 - Angelika

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like you all had a delicious diner and a wonderful Christmas Eve. Best wishes and Happy New Year Julie!

    ReplyDelete