Background

Saturday, February 20, 2010

Pumpkin Quilt coming along!

I've spent the last couple of days working on my pumpkin quilt and my loom. I got the pumpkins and the leaves all cut out and started sewing them together.
If you remember I won a Moda Martinique jelly roll so I ordered a couple of books on Jelly Roll quilts. They both have some really nice patterns but I found the one I'm going to use in the Jelly Roll Quilts.
I went through the jelly roll and found the two fabric's that I'm going to use for the backing and the binding. The flower one will be the backing and the dots will be the binding. I ordered them today so now I will need to get a crisp white for the background and get my pumpkin quilt done so I can start this one!
Have a wonderful day!
Julie


8 comments:

  1. So far so good~ the jelly roll fabric is pretty!!
    How is your daugher doing with her stones?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear about all the heartache you've had to deal with lately. I hope your daughter is doing much better by now. Your quilt is gorgeous, love the room you've created for your group, and the quilt rack your husband whipped up is just perfect. Could he make me a little shelf for my thimble collection?? :) Have a great day! Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was sorely tempted by some jelly rolls I saw at the fabric store on Friday. Maybe I can live vicariously through your jelly roll adventures!

    I admire (and should emulate) your discipline about finishing one project before starting another!

    The pumpkin quilt will be really cool. Can't wait to watch its progress!

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love those as back and binding. Can't wait to see how your pumpkin quilt moves forward!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love seeing pumpkin fabric. That's what we should all be doing now is making stuff for fall now so we'll be ready when it rolls around again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, the fabrics are so pretty! And polka dots!
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  7. The quilt from the jelly roll is going to be so cute! I love polka dots - they always make me smile!

    Manuela

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the colors you have chosen for your pumpkin quilt. I too have fabrics selected for a pumpkin quilt I want to make. Can I inconvinience you to tell me what a spindle is for?

    ReplyDelete